The IAFF Local 1563 actively works with local elected officials on issues directly affecting safety and working conditions of our members. We fight to protect its members’ lives and livelihoods through important public safety grant programs, collective bargaining rights, occupational cancer and disease prevention and other legislative priorities.
Your Anne Arundel County Professional Fire Fighters are pleased to announce their first round of endorsements for this year’s Anne Arundel County Elections. The endorsement process includes answering a questionnaire and in person interviews. Endorsed candidates have received a majority vote by the Membership.
The first round of endorsed candidates are:
· Steuart Pittman for County Executive
· Wes Adams for State’s Attorney for Anne Arundel County
· Pete Smith for County Council, District 1
· Allison Pickard for County Council, District 2
· Andrew Pruski for County Council, District 4
If you are running for a local government seat in Anne Arundel County and want to be considered for endorsement by the IAFF Local 1563, please contact advocacy@IAFFLocal1563.org.